Sunniside Methodist Church
The present chapel was built as a United Methodist Chapel at a cost of £1,210 and was opened on the 20th of August 1910. The Builder was Mr. William Hockey of Whickham and the Architect was Mr. Karl Spurgin, of Newcastle upon Tyne. It replaced the old chapel built in 1837 for the Methodist New Connexion. The old chapel became first a Sunday School for a large number of years, then it was used as a meeting place for various organisations.
In 1955 an electronic organ replaced the second hand organ, which was bought, for £275, and installed in 1922. This replaced the piano, used since 1910. In 1960 the Choir Vestry was enlarged, the cost being met from the sale of the old Chapel, to the Over 60's Club and a gift of £100 from Mrs S. Liddle. About the time of the First World War, the Douglas family, of Lingey Fine, had private pews at the Chapel, for which a quarterly subscription was paid.